Total Pageviews

Friday, June 11, 2010

A LAZY DAY

I took this picture a couple of days ago, almost directly in front of where we have the motor home parked. This family of 5 baby ground squirrels, and the mom, have been popping in and out of their burrow, multiple times during the course of the day. If Sami is on the dash, (as she often is), it drives her to distraction. When we take her out for a walk, she heads directly for the hole, and sticks her nose in as far is it will go. They are cute little critters, and a lot of fun to watch. The weather is still rain showers on most days, and yesterday was no exception. We drove into Bend to do some shopping, and I scored some Sharps, non-alcoholic beer at a Bi-Mart, one of the few stores that still carry the product. We experienced this store last year, when we started our trip around the U.S., but they are only in OR, WA, and ID. While browsing, I discovered that they had a gun on sale that I've been looking at buying for the last year. It's a Ruger 22, semi-automatic rifle, and it was on sale for $179. When I told the clerk that I would take it, he asked where I was from. Since I still have an Alaskan Drivers License, my answer is usually Alaska. He informed me that they could only sell guns to residents of the 3 states where they have stores, or, to residents of states that border those 3 states. For whatever reason (He, nor the manager could give me an explanation), that's Bi-Mart's policy. I still can't figure out why, but I guess the good news is that I just saved $179. When we got back to the Thousand Trails, Patty did some laundry, and we called it a lazy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment