Total Pageviews

Thursday, March 18, 2010

A LITTLE MUD, A LOT OF FUN


After finding some rubber gasket material at Home Depot, Marc made a gas cap gasket, and we took off on a ride of about 50 miles. I forgot the camera, but we did get up high enough to have to deal with some snow. Fortunately, there were already tire tracks thru the patches we ran into, and except for the mud created by the melting snow, the ride was mostly on dry dirt. Most of the afternoon, I was content to motor along at my own pace, while Marc would zoom ahead at his much faster pace, then wait for me a few miles ahead. Even though I consider my skill level at competent, when you factor in my age and the heavy bike I have, keeping up with Marc was not an option. His riding abilities are so much better than mine, even when I was a lot younger. It was fun to watch him for the short periods that he was relatively close in front of me. It was a great day and a great ride, in almost perfect weather. When we were coming down off the mountain, on the highway, we briefly ran into Patty, Chandra and Laila, as they were looking for a parking place in Jerome. We finished the day with Laila blowing some bubbles, and she and Grandma doing an art project.

No comments:

Post a Comment