Total Pageviews

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

A CHANCE TO RIDE


Marc, Chandra, and Laila arrived yesterday afternoon, and got settled into their cabin, a few spaces away from where we have the motor home parked. Marc and I made plans for a ride today, and I'm not sure what the girls are doing. One thing we need to find is a gas tank gasket for Marc's bike. He discovered gas leaking from the cap, and that's not a good thing when you're riding, especially when gravity sends the liquid down and back toward where you're sitting. I think we will re-trace one of the routes I took last year when we were here, mostly forest service roads, and an old narrow gauge railroad grade. My ride a year ago was a bit on the challenging side, since it had rained the night before, and much of the old railroad grade was a muddy mess. It hasn't rained here in a week or so, but the snow is visible on the mountains, probably around the 6-7,000 foot elevation. One of the roads will take us to over 7,000 feet above Jerome, and I'm hoping the snow isn't too deep. The last time Marc and I rode in the snow, I ended up in a ditch, with a broken ignition switch. We had to hot wire the bike, so I could ride it out of the mountains. The wisdom of age will probably prevent me from getting too far into a hazardous condition, like trying to plow thru deep patches of snow at 40 mph. However, the first order of business today, is I'm feeling inclined to prepare a mega breakfast, and I know a certain 4 year old, who loves pancakes!

No comments:

Post a Comment