Total Pageviews

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

THE GYPSY JOURNAL

The Gypsy Journal is published by Nick and Terry Russell, full time RV'ers for about the last 11 years. I don't remember where we ran across this publication for the first time, but after reading it, we both knew we wanted a subscription, and have been getting the Gypsy Journal for many years. Nick has an earthy, tell it like it is writing style, and his newspaper focuses on their travels, particularly, the off the beaten path places, they happen to stumble across. Nick and Terry started putting together small RV Rallies, one in the east and one in the west, and we attended their 2nd western rally a couple of years ago in Casa Grande. They moved the western rally here to Yuma due to problems with the Pinal County Fairgrounds. Yesterday, we spent most of our time at seminars. One of the vendors is a retired fire fighter, and after listening to his seminar, I bought a fire suppression system for my refrigerator. Patty and I always worry about our pets when we are gone, and I think we'll feel a little more comfortable knowing that the #1 cause of RV fires, which originate in propane refrigerators, is not as big a concern as it was. This morning, I have an appointment with my Mexican Dentist, for a follow up to all of the work I had done in January. Part of this visit will be to obtain more documentation for the 2nd submission of a claim to my dental insurance. Naturally, the first claim I submitted was denied, due to a lack of the above. Insurance companies are really a love - hate relationship. We really can't live without them, yet when it's time for them to provide the service that we have been paying for, the hoops that have to be jumped through, seem to get taller and taller. I'm sure this will have a happy ending, because I just don't give up!

No comments:

Post a Comment