Total Pageviews

Monday, February 8, 2010

BACKYARD BUILDING

Despite the rain, lightning, and general bad weather for a couple of days, I've been forging ahead with the backyard improvement projects around the shed. I feel like it would have been wise to have stock in Lowes and Home Depot, since I know we've boosted their bottom line considerably during the past week. Speaking of Lowes and Home Depot, they both have an unadvertised policy of giving a 10% discount to vets, well, sort of. At Lowes, with proof of service (DD214), there isn't any question, they automatically give the discount. At Home Depot, (at least the Lake Havasu store), it depends on who you talk to. While checking out at Home Depot yesterday, the cashier insisted that I had to have a picture ID, or no discount. With a military picture ID, one would have to be either active, or retired. The supervisor said my DD214 was acceptable, and I was on my way. Not sure exactly if Home Depot's policy is only active or retired military, or all vets, like Lowes. It may just be this local Home Depot, but it seems like I often have issues at that store. Since the new Lowes opened last year, I try to take most of my business in that direction. I'm trying to complete this project in the next few days, since we'll be leaving to work the Tucson Rodeo in about a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment