Total Pageviews

Friday, October 30, 2009

N.H.R.A. Las Vegas


It's been about 10 days since I last posted on blog, and there's a couple of reasons for the inactivity. First, when home, I'm not going to post every day, as I did on the the summer trip around the U.S. Second, our Sprint data/air card only works marginally at Lake Havasu, so it has been almost impossible to do much of anything on the computer. During our travels this summer, the Sprint card worked virtually everywhere, except 2 places. Our former home in Jamestown, CA, and our current home, Lake Havasu City, AZ. Like most people, Patty and I have become very dependent on internet access, for a variety of tasks. In order to have that, we signed up for DSL through our phone company, so now, we have high speed service on the desktop computer at home. I'm writing this from the laptop in Vegas, where there is broadband coverage. On the drive up to Vegas, I took the Kingman, Hoover Dam route so I could check out the progress on the new bridge being built just downstream from the dam. The second picture shows that the arch is now completed, and they are starting to build the bridge deck on top of the arch. It's quite a huge engineering project, and when completed, will take all vehicular traffic off the dam. The purpose of this short trip is twofold. When we work the National Finals Rodeo here in Las Vegas, in about a month, we host about 15 RV's at the Thousand Trails under our membership. This is the weekend that most of those folks are here working the drag race, and I'll be collecting their checks and making payment to Thousand Trails. While at the track, I'm sure that I'll force myself to catch some of the Top Fuel and Funny Car action.

No comments:

Post a Comment