Total Pageviews

Friday, October 2, 2009

BLAST FROM THE PAST

We have our mail forwarded to us about every 2 weeks. When we know where we're going to be for a few days, we call Lake Havasu Mail & Package, and they send a priority box to General Delivery, at the post office we designate. We had our mail forwarded to us while we were at Lazy Days RV, and along with the usual stuff, was an early birthday card from my Aunt Martha. Inside the card, she enclosed some photos that she had made from slides. (Anybody remember slides?) This photo shows me at about age 13, with all 4 of Martha's children, my cousins. From left, John, Karen, Paul/Me, and Diane. I'm not sure, but judging from all of the flowers, I think this original picture was taken in Watsonville, CA. Aunt Martha (I've always called her Dee Dee), is my mothers sister, and when my parents were killed, I was raised by my fathers mother, Ana Gay & her husband Dewey. My cousins lived in Stockton, and I remember several trips to Stockton on the train, with my grand mother Alice (Dee Dee's mom), to visit with my cousins. Thanks Dee Dee for the card and pictures, they brought back some wonderful memories.
We left Lazy Days RV yesterday, and drove north on I75, then northwest on Hwy 27 to Hwy 98, and west to Carrabelle, FL. We arrived at Ho Hum RV park late afternoon, and got parked facing the Gulf of Mexico. This is our 3rd time at this park, and once again, we have a great view of the water out the front windshield. We'll be here today and tomorrow, then it'll be kind of a dash west to see Marc & Chandra in Tucson, and pick up our grand daughter Laila, for a motor home trip to San Diego.

No comments:

Post a Comment