Total Pageviews

Monday, October 19, 2009

HOME SWEET HOME

The summer of 2009, travels and adventures of Dan & Patty Chance officially ended yesterday, at about 4pm. We are now home, and starting to do all of the things necessary, after being gone for almost 5 1/2 months. 12,614 miles is the distance we traveled in the motor home. Add another approx. 5,000 miles we drove the jeep, exploring different areas, and you have a whole bunch of miles. Our journey took us to the four corners of the U.S., and into the Maritime Provinces of Canada. Fortunately, I never got tired of driving, but am glad we're home. Except for a few small issues, our house withstood another hot, Havasu summer, and we only lost a few plants. The 4 trees I planted last winter, made it with flying colors. We have a few weeds and dead plants to dispose of, but the yard looks pretty good. While we were gone, our street was torn up, a new sewer system was put in, and surprisingly, our front yard looks almost exactly as it did when we left.
Over the past 5-6 months, I have gotten into the habit of posting on the blog every morning. Now that we are home, I may, or may not continue that practice. I really don't see the point of writing about going to the grocery store, or pulling weeds, or other routine activities. During the winter, Patty and I continue to travel in the motor home, only on much shorter trips. We will be going to CA in mid November, back to Phoenix when Mike and Amy fly out from GA, up to Vegas in Dec for the National Finals Rodeo, out to Quartzsite in Jan for our annual get together with friends, and who knows where else. I will write about any travels that we do, and perhaps something else that requires me to get up on my soapbox. Patty and I agree, that this was the best travel adventure ever, and will be hard to top in the future, but I can assure everyone, we sure as heck will try again next summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment