Total Pageviews

Sunday, July 28, 2013

SHARPS, HOT RODS, LIGHTHOUSES, & YARN


Recently, a blog reader asked how I was doing with my mini warehouse of Sharps non-alcoholic beer.  Let's just say that the motor home was no longer tilting to one side, as the supply of fake suds had dwindled to just a few 12 packs.  Now that we're back in BI-MART country, the only store where Sharps is usually on the shelf, I can start to restock the rolling warehouse.  While the girls were beating the bushes, in a never ending quest to find that perfect quilt fabric, I cleaned out the Florence BI-MART of the three 12 packs they had in stock. 


On the way back to the motor home, I stopped at the local Les Schwab Tire Store, where there was a small classic car show in their parking lot.  I keep saying that one of these beauties is pretty close to occupying some space in my garage, but, I've got toys that I already don't use very much, so why add to the dust gathering collection.


 My first car in 1962, was a 58 Chevy Impala, that was equipped with this same 348 cubic inch engine, and three, 2's.


When Patty & Nancy returned, we took a drive north on the coast highway, where we stopped at this scenic turnout, that had a great view of Heceta Head Lighthouse.  Despite the strong winds, it was a "picture perfect" day, offering panoramic vistas of the Pacific Ocean.  If you like an ocean environment, it doesn't get much better than the Oregon Coast.
 


On the way back to the Elks RV Park, this yarn shop, which is only a stone's throw from the park, had somehow escaped from the girl's patronage.  At first, they agreed to being dropped off, then walking the half mile back to the motor homes.  OK, I caved rather quickly, and said I would wait in the parking lot, where I heard, "we'll only be 10 minutes".  Sure, I thought to myself, I knew that wasn't going to happen.   So, after the allotted time had come and gone, I wandered into the store, where I discovered the "shop dog", a beautiful, multi colored Collie.  I think there should be a quilt/fabric/yarn shop law, that says - husbands must be provided with a waiting area, and said area must include one, or more of the following......... dogs or cats to pet, hunting, fishing or car magazines to read, a model railroad, or at the very least, a TV showing video of the latest NASCAR or NHRA races.  Now that I think of it, that's probably not going to happen either!





Back at the ranch, I BBQ'd some pork tenderloins for dinner, and we settled in for our second night at the Florence Elk's RV Park.   The only thing on today's agenda is some motor sports on the tube, and a dinner reservation this evening at one of the local eateries.


Florence Elks RV Park - $20  Cumulative $1,576.92

No comments:

Post a Comment