Total Pageviews

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

SUMMER COUNTDOWN & A GIFT

We arrived here at the Grand Canyon on May the 16th, and our last day of work is scheduled to be September the 9th. Only about a month left before we hit the road, and briefly return to Lake Havasu City. As with any experience, there are moments when it seems like time has flown by, and then, there are those days when it seems like there's no end in sight.

The newness of our jobs has worn off, and I think we're both ready to move back to our retirement mode. I short while ago, I was asked by the Transit manager if I would consider staying another 3 months, through November. My answer was diplomatic, as I explained that we had made plans for several activities during that time period, and that I was appreciative of the offer. Punching a time clock for more than 3 or 4 months, no matter how interesting the job might be, is not very appealing to me at this stage of my life. For the most part, we've both enjoyed our respective jobs, but for me, the countdown to September 9th is very much underway.

Living here at the south rim of the Grand Canyon for the summer, with the cooler temperatures, and incredible scenery, has been a positive experience on a par with our summers in Skagway, Alaska. For now at least, we're planning on returning next summer to work a 3 or 4 month stretch.

On a different note, Patty received an unexpected surprise the other day. One of the supervisors for Delaware North Corp. handed her a gift card for providing exceptional customer service, that was redeemable for a Camelback hydration backpack of her choice. This is what she selected and brought home. It retails in her store for $89, so the perk was much more than just a pat on the back. I think we both know who might get the most use out of it. Can anybody say dual sport motorcycle ride?



No comments:

Post a Comment