Total Pageviews

Friday, July 1, 2011

SAFETY

Yesterday was a long day! A mandatory safety meeting for all drivers was the first order of business at 8am. By the time that was over at a little past 11am, it was time to go to work. When I got off work at 9pm, it didn't take long for me to fall asleep, and as a result, no blog post yesterday. Besides, there wasn't a whole lot to write about.

When you run a public transportation company, or work for the same, the highest priority should be safety. Paul Revere Transportation places the appropriate emphasis on safety, and yesterday's meeting was a good example. The more I work for this company, the more impressed I am with their entire operation. The rules are strict, but the results are predictable.

The National Park Service must be impressed also, as they have awarded Paul Revere their 3rd 5 year contract. I've been driving one of the shuttle buses for a little over a month now, and despite the challenges of dealing with the public, (in vehicles, & in person), it's been a mostly positive experience.

As Patty and I have become accustomed to our daily routines, there isn't a whole lot of excitement, or new adventures to comment about on a daily basis. Even though I have tried to keep this online journal up to date with posts each day, it's getting a little harder to find interesting things to write about. The last thing I want to do, is blather about nothing. So, I've decided to go back to the routine that I loosely follow when we are at home in Lake Havasu. When there's something to write about, I will. When not, I won't. What that means is instead of daily posts, it will most likely be a few times a week. We'll see how it goes..........

No comments:

Post a Comment