Total Pageviews

Friday, July 15, 2011

LAST CHANCE RANCH

How often have we heard the phrase "Last Chance"? Highway billboard signs often advertise last chance for gas, or for other things, like last chance for food. Obviously, these words catch my attention, and so when the Lake Havasu Newspaper ran an article a few weeks ago about the Last Chance Ranch, I couldn't help but read it with interest.

I'm not ashamed to admit that Patty and I are animal lovers. If our lifestyle was different, and we didn't travel a lot, there's no doubt in my mind that we would live somewhere on acreage, where we could keep, and care for lots of animals. But we don't, so our animal world consists of Sami, our 13 1/2 year old Beagle Dog, and Gracie, our 3 year old Snowshoe Cat.

After reading about this 54 year old women who has dedicated her life to animals that have nowhere else to go, it didn't take me but an instant to make a tax exempt donation to her cause.
In my opinion, there is no higher purpose in life, than to dedicate yourself to the support of an unfortunate fellow human being, or to the support of animals who would otherwise, probably be dead.

We have been supporters of Keepers of the Wild, a wild animal sanctuary near Kingman for many years, and have even talked about volunteering some of our time. The distance from Lake Havasu has always kept us from making that commitment.

The chance to help this lady and her noble cause, was one of those feel good moments for me. I would encourage anyone reading this to click on her website, and if helping unfortunate animals is on your list of things to do today, make a donation.

No comments:

Post a Comment