Total Pageviews

Sunday, May 30, 2010

A RUN INTO RENO

The Saturday of Memorial Weekend, was a day that I solved a small issue that I caused, by leaving home without my motorcycle helmet. Oh yea, I remembered just about everything else, all of my camping gear, riding boots & clothes, G.P.S., etc. But, the one thing I absolutely need is a helmet, and it's sitting at home in the garage. When we were in Jamestown, Everett loaned me a dirt bike helmet, that actually fits my fat head. But, I've become so fond of my modular helmet that I purchased in Montana, when I got the KLR, I decided to get another one. We drove into Reno, and I found another 2x, modular helmet at Road Rider, near the Reno H-D store. It's not as good as the one at home, but it will due for the summer.

On the way out of town, we stopped at a brand new Scheels, next to the freeway in Sparks. The gal in the office at the RV Park had mentioned this unbelievable store, so we decided to check it out. The best description that I can give, is that it's a Cabelas on steroids. This store is so big, it even has a Ferris wheel inside the store! From guns to sleeping bags, there isn't much that an outdoors man would want, that they don't have.

We walked around the two levels for an hour or so, and made one purchase, then headed back to Fernley, where the motor home is parked. This morning, we're headed to Carson City, (about 45 miles), to ride the Virginia & Truckee Railroad. More about that in tomorrow's blog.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for visiting our Sparks store. Did you know it is the world's biggest sporting goods store?

    Matt L.
    scheels.com

    ReplyDelete