Total Pageviews

Saturday, January 2, 2010

HELLO 2010

Happy new year everyone! January is going to be a busy month for us as we transition into 2010.
Right before the Rodeo in Las Vegas, (About late Nov), I broke a front tooth, and pretty badly.
Facing 2 weeks of working with the public, and no time for a dental appointment, I got out the super glue, and stuck the tooth back where it belonged. After a few minutes of pressure, it seemed to be holding, and then the problem became the excessive glue that had adhered to my gums and tongue. After a few days, the glue disappeared and the tooth was still in place. Well, this self dentistry worked for about a month, until the day after Christmas, as I was chewing on a piece of bacon, the tooth came out. I knew that it was a one shot deal, as my attempt to glue it back for a second time didn't work. Next week, I have an appointment at my Mexican Dentist, and with any luck, the toothless, Bubba smile, will be a thing of the past.
On January 16th, the Quartzsite RV Show and Flea Market kicks off, and we'll be parking the motor home in the desert for about a week. Then, we'll be headed to Yuma for another trek across the border to Algodones, Mexico for new glasses, and possibly some more dental work. We probably will be back at Quartzsite near the end of January, to meet some other friends who will be arriving, after they finish working the Barrett-Jackson Auto Auction. So, the wheels on the motor home will be turning for most of the month.
My political opinion blog the other day, generated some emails that were mostly supportive. I'm not using this very small blog as a means to sway opinions, but I think there comes a time when one must speak out about issues that are important, at least to them. When I talk about excessive federal spending, and unsustainable budget deficits, it's not a partisan issue. It's an American issue that really started to get out of control under the Bush administration, and continues, way out of control under the Obama administration. I just finished reading Sarah Palin's book, and despite the pundits who criticize her, she understands the consequences of an out of control federal government. It's a good read, and if nothing else, I admire her courage to be different, and her willingness to stand up to entrenched political practices, which have become increasingly corrupt. These political ramblings will probably alienate some folks, and that's OK. The last time I checked, the first amendment was still intact, and my tolerance for remaining silent has just about reached it's limit. My son Mike sent me an email link that is very informative, and if you want to get involved in the current health care debate, I recommend checking it out - http://www.actionarmy.org

No comments:

Post a Comment