Total Pageviews

Thursday, May 7, 2009

TROUBLE IN 3's

We all know the saying, trouble usually comes in 3's. Well, I just exceeded that number with a 4th! The first of 3 on the motor home was the hose reel began leaking when we were at the thousand trails in Verde Valley. When I called the manufacturer, shoreline reel, they said if it's leaking where you say (inside the reel) & it's not a connection, the fix is a new reel. OK, so a new reel was ordered last week. I previously mentioned the awning problem, and the new parts should arrive today. Yesterday, after installing the new hose reel, (4 hr job), I could hear water running while the motor home was hooked up to city water. After checking all of the inside faucets, and that nothing was leaking on the ground, I finally determined that water was leaking past the water pump, and going into the fresh water tank. Diagnosis - faulty water pump that was ordered for over night delivery. That's 3 on the motor home, and with a little luck, should all be fixed before we leave this Sunday. The 4th thing that went south was the house air conditioner. Fortunately, this malfunction occurred while we were here, and I was able to get a repairman out to fix it before we leave. When we go for the summer, we set the A/C at 90, and at that temperature, everything in the house seems to do OK. With no A/C all summer, I hate to think how hot it would get inside this house. If there is such a thing, the silver lining with the motor home issues, is that they are all covered by the Monaco extended care warranty that we purchased with the new coach. Even though Monaco is in Chapter 11, the extended warranty is administered by a 3rd party, and Monaco's bankruptcy doesn't affect the coverage. I'm not normally a big fan of extended warranty's, but in this case, I have a feeling that we will get our moneys worth, during the next 4+ years that the warranty is valid. These 3 repairs alone are almost $1,500! For those friends that have RV's, if you're in the Lake Havasu area, I have found a mobile RV tech. who is as good as they come. Steve Jones (928) 680-1415 made me a believer when previously, Monaco could not fix a problem with my refrigerator at their service center in OR, that Steve was able to correctly diagnose and repair. So, now that I've exceeded the normal trouble that comes in 3's, I think it's time to hit the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment