Total Pageviews

Sunday, May 31, 2009

ADIOS WHALERS REST


Today, we put the Whalers Rest, Thousand Trails (TT) in the rear view mirror, and head inland, for an appointment at Cummins Coach Care in Coburg tomorrow. Back in September, after we left Montana, we stayed at this park for almost 2 weeks.
One of the great things about traveling around the country, is you just never know who, or what you might stumble across. When we were here last year, I needed to find a machine shop to retrieve a bolt from my hitch clamp that had broken, because of my super human, unregulated strength. I remembered seeing a shop & welding sign, on the way into town before crossing the big bridge. When I walked into the shop, I recognized one of my first employees, when we opened Jamestown Harley-Davidson in 1995. Larry had a small motorcycle business in San Andreas, CA that he closed before coming to work for us. After leaving CA, I never heard from or about Larry, until I walked into his business. It is indeed a small world sometimes.
It happened again! While watching the NASCAR Truck race yesterday, the TV went blank, and the satellite disappeared from my Dish Network point screen. I still haven't diagnosed the problem as the King Dome antenna, or the Dish receiver. I do know one thing, this problem will soon go away. When we are in the Coburg/Albany area this coming week, there's some sort of change in the wind, and I think it will be a different antenna and a new HD receiver.

No comments:

Post a Comment