Total Pageviews

Sunday, September 30, 2012

THE NEW DIGS

The drive from the Pima County Fairgrounds to the new place, had to be one of the shortest moves of the motor home on record.  Just a few miles east on I10, then north of the freeway a few miles, and the house on wheels was repositioned at the new Chance Ranch.  When I confirmed that the power had been turned back on Friday afternoon, Marc, Chandra, & Laila drove out to the fairgrounds yesterday morning, and Marc drove the truck so I didn't have to hook, & unhook.  The driveway entry drop off was close, as the center of the motor home only cleared by an inch or two.  Once on the property, I got leveled and set up for the next several weeks.  The fact that there was already a 50 amp plug located next to the house, made the transition fairly easy.

The new place is an 8 year old manufactured home, on 4 acres, and had just been completely remodeled.  Some of the improvements were, new paint, inside & out. New roof to include 2 new skylights, new A/C, new windows, new tile flooring, new kitchen cabinets & appliances, new back porch with cover, & lots of other upgrades.  I'll post some photos of the inside later in the week.  Patty & I have never owned a manufactured home, but have no reservations about living in one.  The majority of our living time is actually spent in a much smaller manufactured home, and it just happens to have wheels under it. 

There's lots of work to be done, particularly on the outside, and the first priority is to get a garage built.  The surveyor will be here tomorrow morning, and once the property lines are established, then I'll know how big, and what type of building I can put up.  My Kubota Tractor will also be her tomorrow, and I've already found lots of ways it's going to get used.  I purchased a new refrigerator at Lowes a couple of days ago, and it will be delivered this Thursday.  Lots happening, and it all starts tomorrow. 
 
 Laila and Grandpa hung out yesterday afternoon, and she spent the night on the ranch.  I'm fixing breakfast for everybody this morning, then it's back to work on lots of projects.


No comments:

Post a Comment