Total Pageviews

Friday, September 28, 2012

BACK TO TUCSON

The drive from Lake Havasu City to Tucson, is one that we've made on numerous occasions.  With stops for fuel, dog walking, and other necessities, it usually takes about 6 hours for the trip.  I arrived at the Pima County Fairgrounds a little before 2pm, having covered about 325 miles.  After checking in, and getting parked, I drove the truck over to Marc & Chandra's, where I got a warm greeting from my Grand Daughter Laila, & Chandra.   Seeing this little soon to be 7 year old, and being closer to family,  reinforces all of the reasons why we decided to make the move to Tucson.

When Marc returned home, he, Laila, and I drove out to the new place, which is about 15-20 minutes away from their house.  I double checked a few things that had been repaired before we closed escrow, and made sure that the outside electrical plug was the right configuration for the motor home.  Chandra fixed a great tri-tip dinner, before I headed back to the fairgrounds.   Before moving the RV onto the property, I need to trim some of the growth away from the driveway, and that's on the long list of "to do" things today.  The power is going back on sometime today, and tomorrow, I'll park the motor home next to the house.

I'll be here a little over a month, and Patty flies in from Hawaii on the 21st.  I'll start posting some pictures of the new place in a day or so. 

No comments:

Post a Comment