Total Pageviews

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

NEW ISLAND HOUSES

When the economy tanked a few years ago, housing development on the island was just getting off the ground. We watched a few large homes being built, then everything came to a screeching halt. The homes that were completed sat empty for a very long time. Then, last year, we started to see a few smaller homes being built. This sign, advertising a new home, lot & landscaping for $249,900 also appeared last winter. When this exclusive island development started, the sales prices on the few homes built, started at about a half million. Those prices are a dream in today's reality.

Part of the old airport property, near where the terminal building used to be located.

My daily constitutional around the 3.6 mile island path included a half mile run yesterday for the first time this year. The impact of not running for lots of months was quickly brought to my attention, as I finished that half mile. Gasping for oxygen would be an understatement! Even though we'll be in and out of Lake Havasu for most of the winter, I hope to log more miles on the path this year, and hopefully, increase my stamina for longer runs. Again, the aging knees will probably be the deciding factor.

One new house being built at the upper left of the picture.

1 comment:

  1. Go to Roadrunnersports.com and buy the most expensive pair of running shoes you can afford. They even have a "what kind should I buy to fit my foot" section, I wear Mizuno ... Brooks seem to work good for men. Trust me, your knees will thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete