Total Pageviews

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

ADIOS KURT & PHYLISS

Phyliss and Patty

Kurt and Phyliss Hanson

Since our departure from the drag race circuit almost 8 years ago (has it been that long?), our race family continues to grow smaller and smaller. Many of our old friends have left NHRA Drag Racing, and there's only a handful left that we still know.

We had a nice visit with Kurt & Phyliss, and as they were hooking up their trailer, in preparation for a cross country trip to Florida, I couldn't help but think that part of me would still like to be involved with drag racing. I enjoyed traveling around the country, even though pulling a big trailer like the one pictured here, wasn't always a lot of fun.

As I mentioned yesterday, Kurt brought me up to speed with most everything associated with the NHRA race circuit. During the off season, in all of the different racing organizations, there are always lots of changes that take place. Having been sworn to secrecy, I can say there's a big announcement coming that will impact his driver - Alexis Dejoria. She drives an 8,000 horsepower Fuel Funny Car, and hopes to be competitive when the season begins next February in Pomona. I know I'll be watching her progress, as she competes for the rookie of the year award, and maybe wins a race or two.

We said goodbye to Kurt & Phyliss, and wished them a safe trip, as they headed for Florida where their race team is headquartered. They'll be spending most of the off season near some other race friends, so we asked them to say hi to Frank & Suzie when they arrived in Florida.

1 comment:

  1. I love seeing you guys in shorts when it's 36 degrees here!!!!!

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete