Total Pageviews

Friday, February 4, 2011

TIME FOR A RIDE

I can only take it for so long, then the compulsion to ride the Harley becomes overwhelming, and I just have to do something about it. I last spent significant time behind the handlebars in mid October, when I took the bike to our old business in CA, and had Jamestown Harley-Davidson freshen up the 10 year old motor, along with some routine maintenance. While in Central CA, I rode the bike on 4 successive days, putting on over a thousand miles. That was enough to satisfy my passion for riding, at least for awhile.

I've been looking at the regional weather forecast, and it looks very favorable for the next week in Southern AZ and CA. Even though the last few days have been unseasonably cold, the temps are predicted to be back in the 70's this weekend, and even approaching 80 in the Palm Springs area. I think I'll head toward San Diego this morning, and check out one of the Thousand Trails RV Parks near the city. The last couple of times that I've done any motorcycle camping (as in tent & sleeping bag), it hasn't gone real well. Part of the problem is the lack of sleep, due mostly to the high tech, backpacker air mattress that is more hard than soft. Yesterday, I dug out an old blow up air mattress that is about 20 years old, which used to work pretty good as a cushion against the hard ground. If this attempt to pitch the tent doesn't go well, I think the handwriting will be on the wall, proclaiming very boldly, that I'm just getting too old to sleep anywhere except in a bed. Stay tuned for the results...............

No comments:

Post a Comment