Total Pageviews

Monday, August 30, 2010

PRINEVILLE, OR

This picture was taken of Prineville, OR from a vista point, overlooking the Prineville Valley. This small town of about 10,000 is located 18 miles east of Redmond, and is about 35 miles from Bend. Our visit yesterday turned out to be a wild goose chase. I saw some acreage on the Internet that I wanted to check out, but it turned out to be a bad address. Without further investigation, we enjoyed the Sunday drive, and the birds eye view of this small OR town. Just outside of Redmond on Hwy 26, we turned into a development with 20 acre parcels, and a few megabucks homes. On one of the parcels, with a for sale by owner sign, stood a large metal building, with drive through 14' doors, and a studio apartment. One of the doors was ajar, so naturally, we had to check out the inside. At the time, we didn't know the size of the acreage, and this building was almost exactly what I have been dreaming about, regarding a summer place to park the motor home. Intuitively, I pretty much knew that this was way out of the price range we wanted to be in, but nevertheless, I made a phone call to a local Realtor. She didn't know what price the owner was asking, but informed me that the parcels were 20 acres, and the starting price was $199,000. My brief hopes were crushed, because even at a distressed price, this property with the building, had to be over $300,000. I told the Realtor that we locked the open door, and I was still curious enough to find out the price, so she agreed to try and find out. Still not sure, buying some land here in Central OR is the right thing to do, but it has been fun looking, and dreaming.

No comments:

Post a Comment