Total Pageviews

Thursday, August 5, 2010

AMTRAK

The picture of Mount Hood was taken from Hwy 26, as we made our way from Long Beach, WA, to Sunriver, OR. The drive was actually a little longer than what I initially thought, with the distance being just under 300 miles. We arrived in time to pick up our mail, and to secure my Train tickets, which had been mailed to our Arizona address. This morning, I'll pick up a bus in Sunriver, just a couple of miles from where we have the motor home parked. The one hour bus ride will take me south to Chemault, OR, where I'll connect with the northbound AMTRAK to Seattle. After spending the night in Seattle, I'll be doing the trip in reverse, arriving back in Sunriver around 9pm tomorrow. This trip isn't as long as I had originally hoped, but it will be two full daylight runs over the same track that my Grand Mother Alice and I traveled in 1964, when we took the train to Seattle for the Worlds Fair. That was the year that the world famous Space Needle opened to the public. Since I'm not taking the computer, there will not be a blog post tomorrow morning. Possibly tomorrow night when I return, but more than likely, I'll have some pictures, and a story, two days from now.

No comments:

Post a Comment