Total Pageviews

Thursday, August 13, 2009

THE GOOD & BAD

The Evangeline Family Campground, where we last stayed for 3 nights, was a nice, well maintained RV park, with a mix of permanent RV's, and spaces for folks like us. We enjoyed our time there, particularly because of its proximity to the Bay of Fundy. Patty walked over to the beach (actually mud flats), more than I did, but it was fun to watch the huge tides come and go. Yesterday, we drove about 3 hours to near the border of Nova Scotia and New Brunswick, where we pulled into an RV park where I had previously made a reservation. Both of the these parks are part of the Passport America program, of which we are members. We pay a little under $50 a year to belong, and that gets us access to over 1,000 RV parks in the U.S. and Canada, at one half the normal price. Most of the time it's a good deal, but, not always. I won't mention the name of this park, but it is NOT well maintained, it is old, and isn't much more than a place to park with hookups. That's normally OK for us, because we don't need swimming pools, game rooms, bingo, etc. However, upon entering the park (about 1/4 mile off the highway), I rounded a corner and the tree branches were hanging so low, that there was no way I could avoid them. I guess I could have stopped, unhooked the jeep and backed up, but I didn't. Instead, I kept going, and put some nice scratches along the top left side of the motor home. When I got to the office, it's probably a good thing that no one was there, because in my mind there's no excuse for that kind of neglect. Anyway, we're here, the mosquito's are terrible, but we're close to Prince Edward Island, and that's our destination today & probably tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment