Total Pageviews

Monday, August 10, 2009

BAY OF FUNDY


We got parked in the Land of Evangeline Family Campground (Passport America Park), and walked a short distance to the Bay of Fundy, where I snapped this picture of Patty and Sami. I just happened to catch Sam with her tongue out. Maybe she was trying to tell me something? Anyway, we sat and watched the tide come in, and I mean that literally. The tides on the Bay of Fundy, have the largest fluctuation between high and low, of anywhere in the world. As much as around 50 feet vertical! We walked back to this same spot about 7 hours later, and it was a huge mud flat, but I didn't get a picture, because I forgot the camera. Nearby where I took this picture, there was a local band playing some pretty good music. It was gospel oriented, and the singer was actually quite good. We'll be parked here for 3 or 4 days, which will give us some time to use the jeep, and do some exploring. One of the days, we'll drive about an hour into Halifax, (Nova Scotia Capitol), and see what we can discover there. I've learned that the back roads here are not a good fit with the motor home, so any future back roads exploring will have to be done with the jeep. After a beautiful day yesterday, sunny, in the mid 70's, this morning it's raining. The vehicles are getting quite dirty, and I was thinking about doing some cleaning, so, perhaps my thoughts are what caused the rain. Usually, the rain starts after I'm finished washing the vehicles.

No comments:

Post a Comment