Total Pageviews

Monday, March 5, 2012

EARLY BIRD PARKING

The RV's started rolling into the front parking lot of the Yuma Fairgrounds early yesterday morning. The Gypsy Journal RV Gathering begins today, and our parking crew still has a few more hours of work before the rally officially kicks off at 3 pm. I'm not sure how many RV's came through the front lot staging area, but it was a bunch. Getting all of the rigs separated into handicapped, vendor, and general parking went like clockwork.

Everyone was supposed to understand that because there was a Good Sam Rally that didn't end until noon, we couldn't start parking anyone inside the fairgrounds until 1 pm. We all know that there's always a few who don't get the memo, and yesterday was no exception. We had to deal with a couple of impatient people, but all in all, it went very well.

Tom Westerfield and Dave Cross waiting for the next rig to pull into the fairgrounds.

The fact that I had my scooter with me, turned out to be a good thing, as I was able to have rigs follow me to where we wanted them to line up. The extra mobility of being able to quickly go from A to B came in quite handy, and I found myself zipping all over the parking lot, and even into the fairgrounds a few times.

It was a bit on the warm side yesterday, with the temps reaching into the low 80's. I was glad lots of sunscreen was available, and running around on the scooter kept the wind in my face. We had the parking lot cleared out by about 4 pm, and my scooter duties came to an abrupt end. We'll all be back at it this morning, until about 3 pm, when the rally starts.


No comments:

Post a Comment