Total Pageviews

Friday, January 14, 2011

THE WILD WEST

The theme for this years Family Motor Coach Association Western Rally in Indio is "Return to the Old West". Not exactly the wild west, but yesterday afternoon's parade had a few wild looking entries, and everyone seemed to be having a good time.

If this lady's gun was real, I don't think I would want to be on the receiving end. As the saying goes, "everybody loves a parade". It appeared that the participants were enjoying the activity as much, if not more than the spectators. Hey, everyone likes to show off once in awhile.

As we walked through the vendors, I was starting to pat myself on the back for not spending a bunch of money, particularly on stuff we really didn't need. That was until I came to Pete's Tire Booth, and plunked down the debit card for 2 new front tires. I really only needed one, but it's my job to drive Patty crazy, so I just had to buy two. Actually, I've just about had it with the Goodyear Tires that came with the motor home, and have replaced several times. So, the transition to Michelin will start this morning with the 2 front tires. Each tire is in the $600 range, and by the time you add taxes and mounting and balancing, the out the door number was a little above $1,500.

Our Golden Spike Chapter is in charge of the ice cream social, so Patty and I will be part of the group that passes out ice cream today at noon. I think I'll have to fall off the wagon today, but it's been several months since I kicked my buddies - Ben & Jerry out of the house. I sure do miss them, especially in the evening while watching TV. I can relate to the Paul Anka tune - Breaking up is hard to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment